Hours of Training: 24 Synchronous Hours + 32 Asynchronous Hours
Delivered over the course of 8 weeks.
- Fall 2022 Cohort: Wednesdays
- Oct 5, 12, 19, Nov 2, 9, 16, 23 & Dec 7, 2022 (Virtual Practicum Labs) – 1:00pm-4:00pm EST
In Part 5, the coaching Practicum is designed to accelerate the student’s skill development, deepening their understanding of the ICF’s Core Coaching Competencies while demonstrating the key behavioural markers of an ICF accredited coach. Over the course of 12 coaching labs, the student will gain valuable coaching experience, honing their coaching skills through the use of demonstrations, practice exercises and facilitated discussions. Students will be guided toward coaching demonstrations that look more and more like a credentialed coach, preparing them for their Coach Knowledge Exam (CKE) and, ultimately, their work with clients. Note that the Practicum includes Mentor Coaching; it does not need to be purchased separately if students choose to register for the Practicum course.
This aspect of the program includes activities which fulfill key requirements for ICF certification:
- 30 hours of training and practice coaching in small groups labs (24 hours synchronous work and 6 hours asynchronous reflection)
- 10 hours of client coaching reflection
- 5 hours preparing sessions for observation and feedback
- 7 hours of mentoring in a small group
- 3 hours of one-to-one coaching with an experienced Mentor Coach
1 hour for a final Mentor Coaching hour, where the student will submit a live coaching session recording to the Mentor Coach, who will provide a private session to the student for formal feedback of strengths and weaknesses observed in the recording.