Hours of Training: 10 Synchronous Hours + 0 Asynchronous Hours
6-10 students per cohort
Delivered over the course of 3 months.
- Fall 2022 Cohort B: Wednesdays, 12-2 pm EST
- Oct 12, Nov 9 & Nov 30, 2022 (Virtual Group Mentor Sessions)
- Four (4) additional one-on-one Individual Mentor Sessions to be scheduled separately between the instructor and each student
The Mentor Coaching course provides you with additional support and feedback that is customized to your current stage of development. Here, the student hones their ability to deliver the ICF core competencies under the watchful eye of a mentor coach. Mentor Coaching is designed to accelerate the student’s skill development, deepening their understanding of the ICF’s Core Coaching Competencies, and practicing the key behavioural markers of an ICF accredited coach. Using demonstrations, practice exercises and facilitated discussion, the student will shape their coaching skills to look more and more like a credentialed coach, preparing them for their Coach Knowledge Exam (CKE) with the ICF, and/or their ACPC (Adler Certified Professional Coach) exam. Mentor Coaching is provided by an experienced member of our coaching faculty. All Mentor Coaches are accredited by ICF at a minimum of a PCC level.
This aspect of the program includes activities which fulfill key requirements for ICF certification:
- 6 hours of small group coaching in a class of 6-10
- 3 hours of one-to-one coaching with an experienced Mentor Coach
- 1 hour for a final Mentor Coaching hour, where the student will submit a live coaching session recording to the Mentor Coach, who will provide a private session to the student for formal feedback of strengths and weaknesses observed in the recording.