Cohort C: Fridays 9am-12am – Apr 21-22 (11am-7pm), Apr 29, May 6, 13, 20, 27, June 3 (9am-11am), 2022
Broader Clinical Applications for Healing the Whole Person (40 hours)
Prerequisite: Foundations of Practice course or IFSCA’s Stepping Stones, 4-day intensive, Skills and Competencies course, or Level 1 training with the IFS Institute. Please send proof of completion to email@example.com upon registration.
Format: Hybrid (partly synchronous, i.e. following a live lecture with a definite class schedule, and partly asynchronous, i.e. online and self-directed)
Cost: $1,450 + HST
Duration: ~7 weeks
Required Textbook: Schwartz, R.C. (2021). No Bad Parts: Healing trauma and restoring wholeness with the internal family systems model. Boulder CO: Sounds True.
For those looking for a deeper dive into IFS, this course will cover:
- Using IFS to work with pain, somatic awareness and medical conditions
- Working with complex trauma and relational wounds
- The therapist-client relationship in IFS therapy, and the role of co-regulation
- Recognizing where you get challenged and ways to work with your own parts
- Discerning your own Self-like parts from your core Self
- Using IFS treatment interventions informed by polyvagal theory, attachment theory and neuroscience.