One Week Intensive
Hours of Training: 30 Synchronous
- January 16, 2023 (Virtual Orientation) – 5:30pm-6:30pm ET
- January 23, 24, 25, 26 & 27, 2023 (Virtual 5-Day Intensive) – 9:00am-4:30pm EST
Foundations of Professional Coaching offers a rigorous grounding in the coaching approach through a stimulating and interactive environment of hands-on experience. Part 1 begins by introducing the student to the power of a question. Students will make their way through foundational concepts, models, tools and processes commonly used within the coaching conversation, anchoring the student in the coaching mindset. Students will begin to practice the basic skills behind the 8 core competencies of professional coaching as outlined by the International Coaching Federation.
Students will be progressively introduced to intentional change theory, learning the why and how of sustainable, desired change at all levels of human and social interaction. Role-play, peer coaching, and experiential exercises underline the importance of awareness of both the self and others, equipping the student to create the strong developmental alliance that is the coach-client relationship.
Part 1 Course Objectives
Student will engage study that leads to the following outcomes:
- Understand how to stop being the expert, and why this is important
- Cultivate a coaching mindset that is open, curious and client-centered
- Learn the power that a question can have in your clients’ experience, and how to formulate strong ones
- Become familiar with the 8 ICF core coaching competencies and key coaching models and resources
- Discover how to establish trust, provoke awareness and design actions with your client
- Observe coaching demonstrations from the Coach-Instructors that illustrate how to open and close a coaching conversation
Practice coaching fellow classmates in order to build familiarity with the coaching mindset and skills