Certificate in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) Informed Practice (40 hours)
Format: Asynchronous (online, self-directed)
Cost: $950 + HST
Timeframe: 12 Weeks to complete 40 hours
Textbook: No textbook is required
Certification: Successful completion of this course results in a Certificate in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) Informed Practice (40 Hours)
Who Should Take This Course: Novice/intermediate practitioners that work in mental health care, such as Psychotherapists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Doctors, Nurses, etc.
Contact Us: For more information, contact us at email@example.com
Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) is an evidence-based model of therapy that helps people learn and use new skills and strategies so that they build lives they feel are worth living. Dialectical means “the existence of opposites.” In DBT, people are taught two seemingly opposite strategies: acceptance (i.e., that their experiences and behaviours are valid), and change (i.e., that they have to make positive changes to manage emotions and move forward).
- Discover the skills and strategies of standard Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Learn how to balance validation and change strategies
- Learn how to conduct a behavioural analysis and solution analysis of problematic behaviours
- Build your skill in helping clients practice mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation and interpersonal effectiveness
Access a 50-page course pack of worksheets and tools that can be downloaded/printed and duplicated for practice
Students of this program must be members in good standing with a regulatory body that oversees counselling, psychology, social work or psychotherapy. Participants must have fluency in written English.
Getting Started & Certification
- Access The Online Learning Platform: Once payment is received, you will receive two emails: 1) A welcome email containing a UserID and instructions to set up your password, and 2) an enrolment email into our learning platform: Brightspace D2L. As soon as the enrolment email has been sent you have 12 weeks to complete the course.
- Certification: Upon completion of all course requirements including the submission of all course assignments, and following their review by the teaching team, students will be issued a certificate of completion through the learning platform. After completing this course, graduates can identify themselves as DBT-informed practitioners but are not permitted to identify themselves as certified DBT therapists. The only approved DBT certification is through the DBT-Linehan Board of Certification.
- Continuing Education Requirements: This course will satisfy most continuing education requirements. Please contact your regulatory body to confirm. Completing this course will not qualify you to register with any regulatory body in Ontario, including neither the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW), nor the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO).
Cancellations or Deferrals
We do not offer refunds or deferrals for purchased courses. Please purchase your course when you are able to begin and complete the course within the given timeframe. This policy is unique to online learning courses.