Clinical Supervisor Training (40 hours)
Format: Asynchronous (online, self–directed) + One Live Consultation
Cost: $1545 + HST + the cost of the textbook
Course Duration: 16 Weeks
Falender, Carol A. and Shafranske, Edward P (2021). Clinical Supervision: A Competency-Based Approach (2nd). USA: American Psychological Association.
Please purchase the textbook in time to start the course. You will not be able to complete the course without it.
Certification: Successful completion of this course results in a Certificate in Clinical Supervisor Training (40 Hours) and may complete your requirement for continuing education hours.
Who Should Take This Course: Aspiring supervisors of any therapeutic modality.
Contact Us: For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Overview: “We would never dream of turning untrained therapists loose on needy patients, so why would we turn untrained supervisors loose on therapists who help those needy patients?” asks Watkins et. al. In many industries, the need for quality supervision and oversight is in high demand, and this is especially true in the clinical setting. Students in this course are introduced to emerging supervisor methods, practices, and metrics that guide the supervision pathway.
- Discover the basic methods and competencies of the clinical supervisor role
- Improve their skills in giving feedback
- Learn to recognize and navigate countertransference
- Identify and engage unique stages of development for therapists
- Gain clarity about their strengths and next steps for growth as a supervisor through customized, live feedback on a submitted 30-minute session with a supervisee.
Students of this program MUST be members in good standing with a regulatory body that oversees counselling, psychology, social work, or psychotherapy
- Students must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in clinical practice.
- Students should be familiar with at least 2 of the modalities used most widely today (i.e. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Motivational Interviewing, Marriage and Family Systems Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy (IPT) and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
Getting Started & Certification
- Access The Online Learning Platform: Once payment is received, you will receive two emails: 1) A welcome email containing a UserID and instructions to set up your password, and 2) an enrolment email into our learning platform: Brightspace D2L. As soon as the enrolment email has been sent you have 16 weeks to complete the course.
- Certification: Upon successful completion of all course requirements including the submission of all course assignments, and following their review by the teaching team, students will then be issued a certificate of completion through the learning platform.
- Continuing Education Requirements:
- This course will satisfy most continuing education requirements. Please contact your regulatory body to confirm.
- Completing this course will not qualify you to register with any regulatory body in Ontario, including neither the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW), nor the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO).
Cancellations or Deferrals
We do not offer refunds or deferrals for purchased courses. Please purchase your course when you are able to begin and complete the course within the given timeframe. This policy is unique to online learning courses.