The Fundamentals of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – (Level 1)
Format: Asynchronous (Online, self-directed) + 1 Live Consultation
Cost: $995 + HST + textbooks
Course Duration: 12 Weeks
- Required: Josefowitz, Nina and Myran, David (2021). CBT Made Simple: A Clinician’s Guide to Practicing Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (2nd Edition). Oakland, CA: New Harbinger Publications (both hard copy and e-versions will work)
- Recommended: Dennis Greenberger, Christine A. Padesky, et al. (2016). Mind Over Mood: Change how you feel by changing the way you think. New York, NY: The Guilford Press
Please purchase the textbook in time to start the course. You will not be able to complete the course without it.
Certification: Successful completion of this course results in a Certificate in the Fundamentals of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and may meet your requirement for continuing education hours.
Who Should Take This Course: Registered Psychotherapists, Social Workers, Allied Health Professionals / Mental Health Professionals.
Contact Us: For more information, contact us at email@example.com
Level 1 – Course Overview:
Developed by American Psychiatrist Dr. Aaron Beck, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy emerged during the 1950s and 1960s. Its first application was with hospital inpatients experiencing clinical depression. Eventually, CBT made its way out of in-patient units and into the global population at large.
- Gain a thorough introduction to the foundations of practice in cognitive behavioural therapy
- Discover the “Cognitive” portion of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, which focuses on Noticing, Challenging, and Changing intrusive thoughts
Students of this program must be members in good standing with a regulatory body that oversees counselling, psychology, social work or psychotherapy. Participants must have fluency in written English.
Certificate in CBT for Clinical Practitioners
Approved by the Academy of Cognitive Therapy and taught by Beck-trained clinicians, this program is designed to help you discover and refine the approaches and skills of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. It is designed with a broad audience of students and practice types in mind and consists of two levels:
Level 1 – Fundamentals of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
Level 2 – Advanced Cognitive Behaviour Therapy: Applications To Practice.
Getting Started & Certification
- Become Enrolled in The Online Learning Platform: Once payment is received, you will receive two emails: 1) A welcome email containing a UserID and instructions to set up your password, and 2) an enrolment email into our learning platform: Brightspace D2L. As soon as the enrolment email has been sent you have 12 weeks to complete the course.
- Certification: Upon successful completion of all course requirements, including the submission of all course assignments, and following their review by the teaching team, students will then be issued a certificate of completion.
- Continuing Education Requirements:
- This course will satisfy most continuing education requirements. Please contact your regulatory body to confirm.
- Completing this course will not qualify you to register with any regulatory body in Ontario, including neither the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW), nor the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO). There is no formal accreditation process for CBT in Canada; however, the CACBT is currently developing accreditation processes which, once completed, we aim to comply with. Please be advised that the Academy of Cognitive Therapy (USA) approves these courses of Cognitive Therapy, and completion of these courses will satisfy most continuing education requirements. You are advised to select learning that leads to the regulations/qualifications you hope to achieve in your career.
Cancellations or Deferrals
We do not offer refunds or deferrals for purchased courses. Please purchase your course when you are able to begin and complete the course within the given timeframe. This policy is unique to online learning courses.